Dean of Guild Plans

Index Details

Full Name: Dumfries Dean of Guild Plans
Period: 1892-1974
Records: 3710 View

Index Description

Major building works or alterations to existing buildings within the Royal Burgh of Dumfries had to be approved by the town's Dean of Guild. Along with the petition or applications for such permission, warrants showing that the work had been successfully completed and other associated papers, there are over 20,000 plans submitted to the Dean of Guild as part of the application process, dating from the late 19th century until 1974.

These plans have the location number MP118 and are being catalogued under the following headings:

  1. Running number
  2. Address
  3. Project Type (eg workshop, shop, school etc)
  4. Format (eg elevation, site plan etc)
  5. Architect or Builder
  6. Date
  7. Register Number (where known)

Each plan is identified as : MP118/ running number

Project Description

These plans are being sorted and catalogued by a team from the "Friends of the Archives of Dumfries and Galloway"


Cameron Graham, John Haradine, John Parkes, John Smith and George Thomson (the project leader).

Page last updated: 01/03/16