Report a Missed Collection
Please do not report a missed collection if there are any notices from the Waste department that affect your property.
Note: Yellow bins are supplied and collected by NHS rather than the council. For any queries relating to a yellow bin please contact the NHS.
A tagged bin will have a green, white, red or orange plastic tag on it advising why it has not been collected.
- Green Tags: Waste Collection crews advised to put a green tag onto wheeled bin when contamination has been found in a recycling bin. It will be the responsibility of the householder to remove any contamination for either red or blue lidded bin before the bin can be placed out for collection.
- White Tags: Waste Collection crews are advised to put white tags on wheeled bins when the bin is too heavy to lift. Heavy bins are determined by the collection vehicles.
- Red Tags: Waste Collection crews are advised to place a hand on lid and if it cannot be easily closed by hand, this will be deemed to be an overfilled bin and red tag will be applied.
- Orange Tags: Waste Collection crews are advised to put an orange tag on the second bin if a householders presents two for collection. Householders are only entitled to present one bin for collection.
Because your bin has been tagged you cannot report this as a missed collection.
You can either:
- take your excess waste to your local household waste recycling centre, or
- phone us on 030 33 33 3000 to arrange to book and pay for a bulky uplift to collect the waste.
DGC Fault Reporting Application | Version 2.3 | Last build 30/09/2021