Report a Missed Collection
Please do not report a missed collection if there are any notices from the Waste department that affect your property.
Note: Yellow bins are supplied and collected by NHS rather than the council. For any queries relating to a yellow bin please contact the NHS.
Waste collection crews are advised to put tags on bins as follows:
- Green Tags: Contamination has been found in a wheeled recycling bin. It will be the responsibility of the householder to remove any contamination for either red or blue lidded bin before the bin can be placed out for collection.
- White Tags: Wheeled bin is too heavy to lift. Heavy bins are determined by the collection vehicles.
- Red Tags: Overfilled bin, side waste or jammed/frozen contents. If staff place a hand on lid and it cannot be easily closed this is deemed as overfilled.
- Orange Tags: Second bin if a householders presents two for collection. Householders are only entitled to present one bin for collection.
- Purple Tags: Wrong coloured bin presented for collection.
- Yellow Tags: Food waste bin contaminated with wrong items.
- Blue Tags: Any bin which contains Farm waste such as farm plastics.
- Pink Tags: Commercial bin with open lid or side waste presented.
Because your bin has been tagged you cannot report this as a missed collection.
You can either:
- take your excess waste to your local household waste recycling centre, or
- phone us on 030 33 33 3000 to arrange to book and pay for a bulky uplift to collect the waste.
If you believe you received a tag in error please let us know and we will investigate this for you.Report tag error
Please note that waste collections can be delayed by roadworks, breakdowns or unexpected events but we make every effort to catch up during the day.
You can consider your bin to be 'missed' if we have still not been to collect it by 4pm on your normal collection day.
Before reporting a missed collection please check our missed bin notices page. This is updated with any operational issues (breakdown/weather) that cause a large number of properties to be missed. Please do not report a missed collection if your property is affected by an issue on that page.
If our crews have accidently missed your bin, we will contact you to confirm when we will collect this missed waste. CCTV footage from our vehicles may be checked to confirm if the bin was not placed out for collection in time.
DGC Fault Reporting Application | Version 2.5 | Last build 29/05/2023